Start Vertical Farming and increase vegetable or fodder production by 500%. i.e. if you have the farm of 1 acre you can grow your farm up to 5 acres.
Vertical farming is cultivating plant within a skyscraper greenhouse or on vertically inclined surfaces.
The modern idea of vertical farming uses techniques similar to glass houses, where artificial lighting takes the place of Natural sunlight.
Vertical farming is the technique to cultivate crops high above the ground and in many layers.
Note: – Here I am going to tell you vertical farming using soil i.e. without using Aeroponics /Hydroponics / Aquaponics which need an investment of 15 to 20 lakhs.
The techniques which I am going to tell need 3 to 5 lakhs as they are homemade equipment.
Need in the market
- By the year 2050, 80% of the world’s population will live in urban areas, and the total population of the world will increase by 3 billion people.
- The vast amount of land may be required to raise such a high population.But the Agricultural land we own is declining at an alarming rate.
- We all know India is the agricultural land and can overcome any problem but due to harsh climatic effect and evolution of IT sector. We are losing farmers, their hard work, and their land.
- Vertical farms are the only solution which may eliminate the need to create additional farmland, improve the life of farmers and assist in creating a cleaner environment.
Advantages of Vertical Farming
- Increase Crop Production
- Protection from Weather- Related Problems
- Conservation of Resources
- Organic Crop
- Urban Growth
- A chance to live freely and happily for farmers.
The tools and infrastructure required may vary according to your budget. If you are ready to invest lakhs of rupees, then infrastructure needed are as follows
- The Folkewall and other vertical growing architectures
- Aeroponics /Hydroponics / Aquaponics
- Grow light
- Controlled-environment agriculture
Idea to do it under 1 lakh
If you have some acres of land then its well and good but if you don’t have then Approach to your nearby peoples or farmers who have land but are not practicing agriculture.
Tell them the idea of vertical farming and rent their property for one year or share the revenue generated after one year.
Hire an agricultural engineer and ask him the best small crop suitable for your soil type and climate.
NOTE: – Small crops may include Cattle Fodder, Cabbage, Cauliflowers, Tomatoes, Brinjals, etc.
For making Homemade vertical farming Equipment, you need pipes you will get a bright idea from this image of vertical farming
NOTE: – Start Organic Vertical farming because organic food is if high demand in the home market as well as foreign markets.
After deciding the small crop get their organic seeds from popular websites and start implementing vertical farming with the support of agricultural engineer or experts.